As usual, the Patch commenters and Facebook friends responded to our questions and had far more to report on Alec Baldwin's recent visit.
From the various reported celebrity sightings, the actor was all over the place, from Sounds Like Music and Geneva Running Outfitters to the Blue Goose and Wok 'N Fire.
Yes, the very man who plays Santa Claus in Rise of the Guardians was ho-ho-ho-ing around the Tri-Cities for the Thanksgiving holiday. And at the same time our family was watching Rock of Ages "On Demand," the actor who played legendary rock club owner Dennis Dupree might have been damanding the fine ice cream at Kimmer's.
- I saw that he went to Kimmer's Ice Cream in St. Charles a few days ago.
- Heard he went to Arcedium Coffeehouse a couple days ago.
- It's like he's living my life!
- Blue Goose on Wed.
- Can we take up a collection and send him home...?
- Heard he was at Egg Harbor Wednesday.
- " Rich 50 is better than middle class 38 "
- My husband and daughter were behind him in line at Kimmer's on Tuesday night. They said he was extremely friendly : - )
- Hehe...he was friendly because he wasn't on the phone with his daughter...sorry...had to do it!
- wonder why...
- I heard his niece and nephew live near Kimmer's in St. Charles.
- I think Anne saw him, or some of her friends did. I can't remember which ...
- Yes he was at wok n fire!
- He was at my work Wednesday! Arcedium Coffehouse!
- This is so funny, cause I haven't seen him. But his niece lives down the street from us:)
- nikki — He was at a restaurant called Wok'n Fire here in St. Charles
- Scott Piner — Blue goose and arcedium
- Carrie — He was at sounds like music i was shopping there and saw him downtown geneva
- Storm Nielsen — I bet he was in town to do research on a Jeff Ward Biopic. Alec would portray editor Rick Nagel while Steve Buscemi would be Jeff. Ya think?
- Rick Anderson — Alec Baldwin would be a better Jeff Ward....Gilbert Godfried could be Rick Nagel.
- BeachBall22 — His niece lives in St. Charles.
- Jim Radecki — Who cares.
- Mr. Ed — Come on Jim. Don't be an old curmudgeon!
- Jim Radecki — Alec Baldwin get off my lawn.
- Carol — Alex Baldwin visited Geneva Running Outfitters with his niece and 2 nephews who live in St. Charles. He bought running shoes and clothing for Thanksgiving Day football game downtown. A really nice guy!