We’ve got the best bets for when the work week is over and you're ready to get out. Check our picks for the activities to hit.
1. ART GALLERY WALK
- Where/When: 5:30-9 p.m. Friday in , West State Street and North Third Street.
- Why Go: A self-guided art walk and reception to showcase the art galleries of Geneva “late ’til 9.” All galleries are within walking distance of each other. Many galleries provide refreshments; some have special events, artists show openings or live performances A directory is available at the Chamber office, www.artgalleriesgeneva.com and participating galleries.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: All day Friday through Sunday in downtown Geneva
- Why Go: Sidewalk sales used to be a big part of the Swedish Days experience. Great deals and a chance to go al fresco in shopping Geneva.
- Pricing: Free!
- Where/When: 6:30 p.m. Saturday at
- Why Go: A great charity to replace American flags and a chance to support a Boy Scout earning his Eagle Scout credentials.
- Pricing: $25, but you get a lot of stuff.
4. MERRY WIVES OF WINDSOR
- Where/When: 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 6 p.m. Sunday at , 401 S. River St., Batavia.
- Why Go: The Jesters Courtyard stages Shakespeare's , set in the old west.
- Pricing: Suggested $10 donation.
5. JON ANDERSON ACOUSTIC
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday at , 105 E. Main St., St. Charles.
- Why Go: The of Yes performs the group's biggest hits in an acoustic show. This is a big deal.
- Pricing: $29-$39.
6. BAD DATES
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at Fox Valley Repertory, 4051 East Main Street, Saint Charles.
- Why Go: Theresa Rebeck’s one-woman about the dating scene, part of Fox Valley's participation in the St. Charles Summer Theater Fest, closes this weekend.
- Pricing: $29 Friday, $39 Saturday and Sunday.