If you're going to do one thing this weekend, it ought to be the . This is the fundraiser for Parkinson's Disease Research, and is one amazing, wonderful guy.
1. NOONTIME CONCERT
- Where/When: 12-12:30 p.m. Friday at , 307 Cedar Ave., St Charles.
- Why Go: Vocalist performs in the last of the series of concerts coinciding with the church's farmers' market.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday at , 318 S 3rd St, Geneva.
- Why Go: Local Chicagoland jazz musician Annalee has enchanted audiences since age 13. Since her return from L.A about a year ago, Annalee has been singing in small venues and frequent private and corporate parties. With the recent release of her new album "Seul" Annalee will soon be integrating into larger venues. She will on the patio.
- Pricing: Free.
3. LARRY REEB
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Saturday at , 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles.
- Why Go: Uncle Lar' is a regular on The Bob & Tom Show, syndicated in over 100 markets. Larry has been voted Chicago Comedian of the Year, and has made numerous television and radio appearances.
- Pricing: $24 plus two-item food/beverage minimum.
4. MILES OF MEMORIES 5K
- Where/When: 8-11 p.m. Saturday at , South Kirk Road and Pine Street, Batavia.
- Why Go: The is chip-timed and takes place on a USATF-certified course at Fermi Lab. Both runners and walkers are welcome to participate. To participate in Miles of Memories, register on-line at www.RunningGuru.com/event/vna. Proceeds from the event will support the VNA Hospice program.
- Pricing: $28 individual/ $95 family of four.
5. CONCERT FOR A CURE
- Where/When: 3-11 p.m. Saturday at , 39w808 Hughes Road, Geneva.
- Why Go: All-day family friendly music featuring 11 bands, food, drink, silent and live auctions and kids activities benefiting the Paul Ruby Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
- Pricing: $25, $10 for under 21.
6. RICH FLORES FUNDRAISER AT BECKY'S BEST
- Where/When: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at Becky's Best, at the corner of Bennett (Route 25) and State (Route 38) in Geneva under the building.
- Why Go: Hot dogs and brats fresh off the grill, ice cream, Flaming Joe's Jerk chicken sandwiches with a special appearance from Flaming Joe. Twenty-five percent of all proceeds will be going to to help ease some of his medical debt.