This is another HUGE weekend in Geneva.
The first and most important event is and , Saturday and Sunday in downtown Geneva. The event is truly the most fun and generous way to celebrate fall.
Then, of course, there's that little game on Friday night, a battle of the unbeatens.
AND we've got going on Sunday—always fun to watch and see how creative kids can be.
Then there's the annual St. Mark's .
And the annual run that starts at the middle school campus.
And don't forget to stop by Esping Park at 10 a.m. Saturday to to a , the late and great .
And a in the mix. (Their reunion is a week prior to the Homecoming game.)
Here are some more events and details:
1. LADIES NIGHT OUT
- Where/When: 6 p.m. Friday at Four Beans Coffeehouse, 1928 W. Wilson St., Batavia.
- Why Go: A shopping featuring representatives from Longaberger, Mary Kay, Lia Sophia, Gigi Hil, Gold Canyon Candles, Tastefully Simple, Pampered Chef, Covered in Chocolate, Thirty-One and Tupperware. Local author Nicki Elson will be signing copies of her Chic Lit Romance, Three Daves.
- Pricing: Free.
2. THE FANTASTICKS
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at , 111 W. Main St., St. Charles.
- Why Go: Steel Beam’s season opens with , billed as “the world’s longest-running musical,” having run off-Broadway from May 3, 1960 to Jan. 13, 2002, for 17,162 performances. The story revolves around two fathers who use “psychology” to bring their children together.
- Pricing: $25, students and seniors $23.
3. TASTE FOR A CURE
- Where/When: 2 p.m. Saturday at , 404 S. 3rd St., Geneva.
- Why Go: As with all Pumpkins for a Cure's events, all proceeds for the "Taste" benefit the Zellmer Childhood Disease Foundation. It is a competition where Fox Valley restaurants submit a pumpkin-based dessert of their own creation for judging by both a professional panel and the public tasters. Entrants will create one full-size serving for each of five judges and 500 “3 bite-sized samples” for the public “tasters."
- Pricing: $10.
4. SQUARE DANCE LESSONS
- Where/When: 7 p.m. Sunday at , 101 S. 2nd St., St Charles.
- Why Go: The Fox Valley Mixers and Batavia B'n'B Square Dance Clubs are sponsoring lessons every week. All couples and singles are welcome.
- Pricing: The first two lessons are free.
5. BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS
- Where/When: 1:30 p.m. Sunday at , 100 S. 3rd St., Geneva.
- Why Go: St. Mark's Church will celebrate the feast of St. Francis of Assisi with the 5th Annual . Everyone is welcome to bring their pets, no matter what they are.
- Pricing: Free.