We’ve got the best bets for when the work week is done and you're ready to get out. Check our picks for the activities to hit.
- Where/When: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Kane County Fair Grounds, 525 S. Randall Road, St Charles.
- Why Go: Unbelievable bargains, great family fun and a chance to help the church pay down its debt.
- Pricing: Free?
2. AND CARNIVAL
- Where/When: 5-11 p.m. Friday, 1-11 p.m. Saturday, and noon-8 p.m. Sunday at , Houston Street and North Island Avenue, Batavia.
- Why Go: Carnival rides, food and drink, rain or shine.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday at , 524 W. State St.
- Why Go: The about the long-suffering Cub fans, written and staged by the Organic Theater Company in 1977, was rewritten and updated in 1998. It opens the playhouse season.
- Pricing: $20; $15 for students and seniors.
- Where/When: 1-4 p.m. Saturday at , 528 East Side Drive, Geneva.
- Why Go: Did you know that the , from the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition, is housed at Good Templar Park in Geneva? Friends of the Viking Ship will host a “Viking Visitor’s Day” describing the ship’s amazing voyage from Bergen, Norway, and its subsequent adventures.
- Pricing: $5 for adults, $3 for visitors 13-19, and $1 for children 5-12.
- Where/When: 2 p.m. Sunday at , 105 E. Main St., St. Charles
- Why Go: hosts a special screening of her film classic Miracle Worker to benefit The Open Door Clinic.
- Pricing: $15
IT'S ALSO !
- A network of Fox Valley faith communities invites you to a community-wide celebration of the International Day of Peace (Peace Day) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 17.
- The local celebration of the International Day of Peace will kick off with a gathering at 10 a.m. for the dedication of the recently installed Peace Pole at (FVJN), located at 121 S. Third St., in Geneva (just across from the old Kane County courthouse, at the yellow awning)
AND DON'T FORGET THE