We're not saving a clock tower, but Geneva is in danger of losing its downtown post office. Help the Chamber of Commerce preserve the downtown area by adding your name to an important petition. Your input would also be appreciated in a weekly survey from the city of Geneva.
You can also take advantage of the comfortable outdoor conditions with a free concert at Island Park or take a walk in the woods for some bird watching.
Here are five things going on in Geneva today, Wednesday, July 13:
1. We might finally be able to turn the air-conditioning off and open the windows for some fresh air today. The WeatherChannel.com is reporting a drop in temperatures, with a high of 76 degrees.
2. The band, Final Say, performs a at 7 p.m. in Geneva's Island Park. Come out to hear Final Say play covers of favorite songs from the past 5 decades.
Please bring a blanket or chairs and share night of live music on the lawn with family and friends.
3. Help the Geneva Chamber of Commerce preserve a by signing a petition in favor of keeping a post office in its present location or in another downtown location. The building has been serving Geneva's mail needs for more than 80 years.
Please send an e-mail by 4 p.m. to email@example.com requesting your name be added to the petition.
4. The city of Geneva would like your input in this week's mail survey by asking, "Will you attend the Geneva Arts Fair, July 23-24, 2011?"
Please click here to submit your answer.
5. Join the Kane County Audubon for a bird walk at 6 p.m. in . Feel free to bring a sack-dinner to eat with other members at 5:30 p.m. Beginners are welcome.
For more information please contact Chris Madsen at (630) 492-0049.