As friends of Michelle and David Dewald and family, we deeply thank everyone for their very generous support of this wonderful family in their time of need. We had an overwhelming response to the entire effort, including the dinner at O’ Sole Mio in Batavia.
We express our deepest, most tender thank you to all those involved:
· owners and employees of O’ Sole Mio for their willingness to open their great restaurant to an unknown number of people, and then work tirelessly to make this overwhelmingly large crowd happy
· patrons that night for being patient and for understanding the focus of the evening
· people who donated items for the raffles
· those who donated money or bid on raffle items on the website
· the planners, organizers, doers that made this event come alive
· the many people who have prayed for the Dewald family, and continue to
· the Geneva High School students who supported the Dewald’s
· the teachers and employees of Geneva School District who contributed
As people who pulled this together in about 1 ½ weeks, we gained so much by being part of something bigger, and to see how absolutely wonderful people can be. We are forever changed by your generous spirit.
“Infinitely more important than sharing one's material wealth is sharing the wealth of ourselves—our time and energy, our passion and commitment, and, above all, our love.”
~William E. Simon (1927-2000)
From Michelle Dewald: “Friday night was wonderful. Your talents and huge hearts are amazing. Thank you for putting together this event in our behalf… all I can say is WOW! I am so glad I stopped by. I am so glad I brought Aubry. I am so happy she was able to see and experience the outpouring of love and kindness. Again you have touched our hearts and effected our lives in more ways than you know. Dave and I thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.”
Donations are still being accepted in the Mill Creek School office in Geneva, and online.