Here's more information, courtesy of the Zonta Club:
October is Domestic Violence Month
Eradicating domestic violence is at the heart of the Zonta mission.
The Kane County State’s Attorney Domestic Violence Unit prosecutes approximately 2,000 misdemeanor and felony cases each year. Kane County domestic violence shelters are almost always full; women and children in our community who are in desperate need of medical and emotional care, comfort, food, clothing and a strong support system as they risk everything for a second chance at a violence-free life.
"Breaking the Silence on Domestic Abuse" is a panel of experts including:
- Jamie Mosser, Domestic Violence Unit supervisor with the Kane County State's Attorney's Office
- Jim Kintz, founder and president of Fox Valley Court Watch
- Sgt. Branden Gentry, Kane County Sheriff Office Patrol Division
- Sheila Gray, Court Advocate Program coordinator at Mutual Ground
- Honorable Judge Abrahamson, associate judge of the 16th Judicial Court
- Kathryn McGowan Bettcher, managing attorney for Prairie State Legal
- Anna Whitmer, Abuse Intervention Program coordinator at Community Crisis Center
- Michelle Meyer, executive director of Mutual Ground