Students will participate in the following assessments:
- All freshmen EXPLORE-B
- All sophomores PLAN
- All juniors Practice ACT
All of these assessments lead up to the ACT exam that students will take as juniors. The ACT exam is the test that most colleges and universities use for admission purposes.
All juniors will take the ACT exam as part of the required Prairie State Achievement Exam (PSAE) in April, and many GHS students take the ACT multiple times.
All of these assessments have four subject tests: English, Math, Reading, and Science. Students receive sub-scores in each subject test and a composite score that is useful in the college planning process. The results of all of these assessments will provide early feedback on ways to increase ACT scores prior to taking them for college admission purposes.
Additional information about all three of these assessments can be obtained from ACT: www.act.org
Additional Details for All School Testing Day:
- All students, including seniors, will resume a shortened schedule of classes at 12:20. School will dismiss at 2:45 as usual.
- The cafeteria will be open for lunch (see schedule below).
- Late arrivals will not be honored. All freshmen, sophomores, and juniors need to be ready to begin testing at 7:40. Prior to testing, student room assignments will be made available to students.
- Early bird classes will not meet.
- Freshmen and juniors will have mandatory class meetings following testing (see schedule below).
- Please ensure your child’s attendance by rescheduling or not scheduling appointments for this important day.
- Students taking one of these exams should have their student ID, calculator, and #2 pencils.
- A good night’s rest and a hearty breakfast go a long way!
SOURCE: School District 304