A recent study at Univ.of Penn. and an old study at Harvard suggests that Uncoated Aspirin may be better as it relates to Heart.
This is not an easy decision as you may think.You talk to 4 specialists and you may realize that they have their own recommendations.
1) 5-45% of people are resistant to Aspirin
2) Uncoated aspirin may affect your stomach or cause excessive bleeding.So a cardiologist has to know your Gastrointestinal related problems as prolonged use of non -coated aspirin may cause ulcer or other GI problems.
3) So what to do-if you think -you are having a heart attack. Current thinking is chew 325 mg. aspirin-preferably non coated. If you have only coated aspirin in the house or in the car--then CHEW those pills 4 of 81mg or one of 325mg--while waiting for the Ambulance. But please review this suggestion with your doctor-to know for certain that this is good for YOU !!!
4) For taking 81mg.tablet/day of aspirin--consult your doctor.
5) Please note: You must review this medicine with your doctor--as new research has raised concerns about COATED aspirin. You should ask your doctor about 325mg.aspirin chewing if you think you are having a heart attack.
FYI-Harvard researchers found that Chewing uncoated aspirin works in 5 min. while taking uncoated aspirin by water takes 8 min. Coated aspirin takes longer with water than chewing coated aspirin.