A few things about the attached video:
(1) It's way too long—more than 5 minutes. We're only supposed to run videos that are 2 minutes or less, but I couldn't resist leaving in extra moments for each set of dancers.
(2) For the most part, these are video clips of the practice sessions. I made the tactical mistake of video for the practice sessions and photos for the dance performances. As I noted in a couple earlier stories, the dancers really upped their games for the actual Saturday night performances.
(3) Beth (Bales) Olson's face on Saturday night was beaming so brightly people in the audience actually sighed in unison—and I didn't capture the Saturday Night high beams on full power. (I curse myself for not saving the video for the show. I'm sorry, Beth and Steve!)
(4) It's a little bait-and-switchy. By that, I mean I framed the practice sessions with some video from the Saturday night show ceremony. So you'll see Mayor Kevin Burns' intro and drum-roll-please announcements and the final bows of the full cast ... but the actual dancing is from the afternoon practice.
(5) It's shaky and ameteurish videography.
With all those provisos said, I'm presenting it anyway, so that you can get a little flavor of the variety, artistry and difficulty of the dances. And if you weren't there, just a little glimpse at the show.
If you've got photos from the night, please add them to the Geneva Community Gallery here.
The performers are, in order:
- Michael & Heidi Jacoby — Tango
- Art & Connie Wagner — Fox Trot
- Jim & Maureen Radecki — Salsa
- Steve & Beth Olson — Waltz
- Eric & Kari Bartel — Cha-Cha
- Laura Rush & Derek Swanson — Jive