Teachers Contract Now Posted on School District 304 Website
The salary schedule grid and other details of the three-year agreement now can be seen by the general public.
There wasn't any trumpet-blaring fanfare or here-ye-here-ye proclamation, but the School District 304 and Geneva Education Association three-year teachers agreement is now posted on the district's website.
It's not easy to find, so bookmark this article for future reference and you can see it by clicking this link.
Although an 11th-hour agreement was reached on Nov. 12, it hadn't been posted as of Dec. 3, although a summary of the new three-year contract was for a time prominently displayed on the School District's redesigned homepage.
The contract provides some detail that the summary did not. It includes, for example, the exact salary scheduled grid for the next three years and has additional details regarding the makeup of the Salary Schedule Study Group, which will examine alternative ways to compensate teachers. The group is required to meet for the first time no later than Oct. 1, 2013.
The new contract differs from the previous one in several ways. It calls for a salary freeze for 2012-13, then step increases of 2.65 percent and 2.85 percent in the following two years. It offers retirement incentives that include salary increases of 6 percent, 3 percent and 2.48 percent for teachers who announce retirement prior to Jan. 15, 2013, and intend to retire at the end of 2014-15, according to the summary.
Want to stay up to date on school issues and breaking news?
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts.
Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.
- Schools Post Negotiations Webpage; FAQs Available on GEA, D304 Sites
- Geneva School Board, GEA Resume Talks Friday
- Reports: GEA Members Authorize Strike; Nov. 9 Earliest Possible Strike
- Geneva Teachers Express Frustration Over Stalled Negotiations
- Geneva Teachers Stage 'Walk In' at High School, Middle Schools
- UPDATE: Geneva School Board Calls Special Meeting to Discuss Teacher Negotiations
- Is a Teachers' Strike Possible in Geneva? Green Buttons Show Solidarity on First Day of School
- UPDATE: Teachers Come Out in Force, Wearing Green, to Seek 'Respect and Compensation We All Deserve'
- Geneva School Board Caught Between Budget Rock, Teachers Contract Hard Place
- Patch Poll: How Much of An Increase Should Geneva Teachers Get?
- Batavia Teachers Get Raises in New Two-Year Contract; Geneva Still Negotiating
- Where Do You Stand on the Geneva Teachers' Union Negotiations?
- Geneva Teachers Expected to Picket Before Tuesday School Board
- State Teachers Union Announces Geneva Talks at Impasse
- UPDATE: Geneva Teachers Union Posts Its 'Final Offer'
- District 304: GEA's 'Final Offer' Calls for 18% Salary Hike in Final 3 Years Before Retirement
- Teacher Talks Resume Friday; Here's the Timeline If an Agreement Isn't Reached
- Geneva School Board's 'Final Offer' Made Public
- Geneva Teachers Give Notice of Intent to Strike
- School Board: Union's 'Rigid Stance' Kept Parties Apart for Months; GEA Responds
- Patch Poll: Which Offer Is More Fair to Teachers and Taxpayers?
- UPDATE—Geneva School Board: GEA Filed Intent to Strike While Sitting at Negotiations Table
- Geneva School District Outlines Plans in Case of Teacher's Strike
- GEA Posts Open Letter to Geneva Citizens
- Geneva School Board Releases Its Most Recent Contract Offer; Special Meeting Monday
- 'Show Will Go On' for the GHS Fall Play—Even If There's a Teachers Strike
- Will You Keep Your Kids Home Or Send Them, If There's a Strike?
- VIDEO UPDATE: New Voices Speak, Picketing Rules Set at School District 304 Special Meeting
- Details, Procedures For Geneva Parents, Students in Case of a Teachers Strike
- Geneva School Board Posts Most Recent Offer to GEA
- School Still Scheduled for Monday in Geneva
- Tentative Geneva Teachers Agreement Struck; School in Session Monday
- Public Not Likely to Learn Teacher Contract Details Until Early Next Week
- Reports: Geneva Education Association Ratifies 3-Year Contract
- Still No Teachers Contract Online