There's more than just brunch this weekend in Geneva for Mother's Day. Show Mom how special she is with a whole day of food, culture and spending quality time together.
1. Mill Creek Golf Club will host its annual Mother's Day Champagne Brunch this Sunday, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Guests can enjoy a full buffet of breakfast favorites complete with an omelet station. Freshly carved meats, and other entrees will also be available. For dessert, visit their chocolate fountain and extravagant sweets table.
2. Treat Mom to a free flute of Champagne at Wildwood Restaurant's Mother's Day Buffet. With many breakfast and lunch entrees, including pasta and seafood, there will be something to please any appetite. Wildwood's meat-carving station includes roast prime rib, honey baked ham, and roast turkey. To end your meal on a sweet note, be sure not to miss Wildwood's dessert and pastry table.
3. After brunch bring Mom to The Fabyan Villa's Japanese Garden for a walk among the essence of spring. The suggested donation ($2 for adults and $1 for children) is a small price to pay in supporting an important feature of our local culture.
4. Give Mom a trip to Paris, without leaving Geneva! The Geneva French Market sells fresh flowers, produce, and other worldly goods to spoil Mom on her special day. The market will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., in the downtown Metra parking lot.
5. The Cut Loose Trunk Show being held at The Meeting Place through Sunday, is a great way to spend some time with Mom. All Cut Loose purchases made during the show will receive a 10 percent discount, making it the perfect gift to pamper a special woman.