HUGE Weekend in Geneva: Black Hat Day! And Does Your Pet Need Blessing?
Or do you need something to do this weekend?
This is another HUGE weekend in Geneva.
Then, of course, there's that little Geneva-Batavia football game on Friday night, a battle of the unbeatens.
AND we've got Homecoming window decorating going on Sunday—always fun to watch and see how creative kids can be.
Then there's the annual St. Mark's Blessing of the Animals.
And the annual Harvest Hustle 5K run that starts at the middle school campus.
And a Class of '76 reunion in the mix. (Their reunion is a week prior to the Homecoming game.)
Here are some more events and details:
1. LADIES NIGHT OUT
- Where/When: 6 p.m. Friday at Four Beans Coffeehouse, 1928 W. Wilson St., Batavia.
- Why Go: A shopping opportunity featuring representatives from Longaberger, Mary Kay, Lia Sophia, Gigi Hil, Gold Canyon Candles, Tastefully Simple, Pampered Chef, Covered in Chocolate, Thirty-One and Tupperware. Local author Nicki Elson will be signing copies of her Chic Lit Romance, Three Daves.
- Pricing: Free.
2. THE FANTASTICKS
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Steel Beam Theatre, 111 W. Main St., St. Charles.
- Why Go: Steel Beam’s season opens with The Fantasticks, billed as “the world’s longest-running musical,” having run off-Broadway from May 3, 1960 to Jan. 13, 2002, for 17,162 performances. The story revolves around two fathers who use “psychology” to bring their children together.
- Pricing: $25, students and seniors $23.
3. TASTE FOR A CURE
- Where/When: 2 p.m. Saturday at Little Traveler, 404 S. 3rd St., Geneva.
- Why Go: As with all Pumpkins for a Cure's Black Hat Day events, all proceeds for the "Taste" benefit the Zellmer Childhood Disease Foundation. It is a competition where Fox Valley restaurants submit a pumpkin-based dessert of their own creation for judging by both a professional panel and the public tasters. Entrants will create one full-size serving for each of five judges and 500 “3 bite-sized samples” for the public “tasters."
- Pricing: $10.
4. SQUARE DANCE LESSONS
- Where/When: 7 p.m. Sunday at Baker Community Center, 101 S. 2nd St., St Charles.
- Why Go: The Fox Valley Mixers and Batavia B'n'B Square Dance Clubs are sponsoring square dance lessons every week. All couples and singles are welcome.
- Pricing: The first two lessons are free.
5. BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS
- Where/When: 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Kane County Courthouse - Sixteenth Judicial Circuit, 100 S. 3rd St., Geneva.
- Why Go: St. Mark's Church will celebrate the feast of St. Francis of Assisi with the 5th Annual Blessing of the Animals. Everyone is welcome to bring their pets, no matter what they are.
- Pricing: Free.