Geneva School District 304 has scheduled two opportunities for interested community members to walk through the Coultrap building at 1113 Peyton Street prior to its demolition.
The guided walk-throughs will be held at 5 p.m. Thursday, March 21, and at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 30.
Those interested in attending a walk-through are asked to call (630) 463-3020 to RSVP. Anyone interested in scheduling a walk-through for a large group is asked to call (630) 463-3020 to schedule an alternate date/time.
In January, the Board of Education voted unanimously to approve the demolition of the Coultrap facility. The area will be converted to green space, allowing for its eventual use for Geneva High School’s final expansion when it is needed.
SOURCE: School District 304 press release
- HPC to Approach School Board About Preservation of Coultrap
- School Board Will Look at Ways to Cut $6.38 Million Capital Improvements Plan
- Coultrap Playground Fixtures to Benefit Special Education Students
- School Board Will Raise Facility Rental Fees
- School Board QuickStory: Hard Words Over Turf, Taxes
- School Board Members Want to Hear From You
- Public Invited to Share Priorities with Geneva Board of Education on April 28
- QuickStory: Task Force Calls for Coultrap Demolition
- Citizens Group Begins 'Landmarking' Coultrap
- POLL: Should the Geneva School District Demolish the Coultrap Building?
- What's In A Name? Something Special, If the Name is 'Coultrap'
- What to do with Coultrap??
- QuickStory: Lots of Ideas on Coultrap's Fate—But District Will Keep the Land
- POLL: Genevans Split on Whether Coultrap Should Be Torn Down
- HPC to School District: Consider Adaptive Re-Use of Coultrap; Forums Coming in June
- 'Landmarking' Is One Geneva Option for Citizens Who Want to Prevent Demolition
- Icons For Sale: Which Will School District 304 Sell—Coultrap or Fourth Street?
- No. 8 of 2010: Downtown Geneva's Evolution