Geneva's Matt Rodewald Joins Broadcast Crew for State Football Championships
Geneva's very own Matt Rodewald joins the Comcast crew Nov. 23-24 for the 2012 IHSA Football State Championships in HD.
Geneva might not be in the state championship game this year, but a Geneva alum will be in Champaign to broadcast for the Comcast team.
Matt Rodewald will be the host and sideline reporter for the coverage on Friday, Nov. 23, and Saturday, Nov. 24.
Rodewald is an Emmy Award winning reporter and a sports radio mainstay for the last decade in Chicago. He's the creator of the successful "High School GameNight" post-game show while at ESPN 1000 and the founder of NBC 5's "Prep Destination of the Week," a segment that saw unprecedented success with social media interaction.
Rodewald currently serves as an anchor/host at 670 The Score, while contributing to CN100, High School Cube, and PlayON! Sports during high school game broadcasts. The Geneva High School grad has also covered high school sports for the Chicago Tribune and the Kane County Chronicle.
Comcast is hosting for the second-straight year. Illinois preps football fans can look forward to seeing every championship battle starting with the Class 1A contest at 10 a.m. Friday through the Class 8A contest at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The 2012 IHSA Football Championships will be produced by the IHSA & PlayOn! Sports.
CSNChicago.com & IHSA.tv will also be providing fans with a live stream of every IHSA Football championship post-game press conference. In addition, CSNChicago.com will have a special IHSA page set up that will feature highlight packages from all games throughout the weekend, along with week-long coverage and scouting reports from veteran Illinois preps sports writer Taylor Bell and a Twitter module aggregating all #IHSA tweets.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23
10 a.m. — Class 1A: STOCKTON vs. MAROA-FORSYTH (Maroa) (Lee Hall/Michael Young/Matt Rodewald and Sophia Minnaert)
1 p.m. —Class 2A: MERCER COUNTY (Aledo) vs. ALTHOFF CATHOLIC (Belleville) (Lee Hall/Michael Young/Matt Rodewald and Sophia Minnaert)
4 p.m. — Class 3A: AURORA CHRISTIAN (Aurora) vs. UNITY (Tolono) (Dave Bernhard/James “Boomer” Grigsby/Matt Rodewald and Susannah Collins)
7 p.m. — Class 4A: ALLEMAN (Rock Island) vs. ROCHESTER (Dave Bernhard/James “Boomer” Grigsby/Matt Rodewald & Susannah Collins)
SATURDAY, NOV. 24
- 10 a.m. — Class 5A: MONTINI (Lombard) vs. MORRIS (Lee Hall/Jack McInerney/Matt Rodewald and Sophia Minnaert)
- 1 p.m. —Class 6A: CARY-GROVE (Cary) vs. CRETE-MONEE (Crete) (Lee Hall/Jack McInerney/Matt Rodewald and Sophia Minnaert)
- 4 p.m. — Class 7A: GLENBARD WEST (Glen Ellyn) vs. LINCOLN-WAY EAST (Frankfort) (Dave Bernhard/Matt Bowen/Matt Rodewald and Susannah Collins)
- 7 p.m. — Class 8A: GLENBARD NORTH (Carol Stream) vs. MT. CARMEL (Chicago) (Dave Bernhard/Matt Bowen/Matt Rodewald and Susannah Collins)
- Viewers are urged to visit the IHSA’s channel finder for the game locations or CSNChicago.com’s special “Comcast SportsNet Channel Location” section (csnchicago.com/zipcode) for complete channel location details throughout the state.
- Fans are also strongly urged to interact via Twitter throughout the entire weekend by utilizing the hashtag #IHSA to share their comments and showcase their school spirit for their favorite teams.
SOURCE: Comcast SportsNet press release