Geneva Police Reports: The Mystery of the Stolen Motorcycle
Someone steals a motorcycle from the back of a business in the 300 block of West State Street.
It's not exactly on the level of a murder in a locked room, but there is a bit of a mystery in the theft of a motorcycle behind a Geneva business.
Locked bike, owner has only set of keys, no debt, so no repo man took it.
Here's the story, courtesy of Geneva police reports:
Someone took a motorcycle from the parking lot at the rear of 304 W. State St. sometime between 10 p.m. Dec. 26 and 3 p.m. Dec. 27, Geneva police reports said.
According to reports, the owner said he got off work around 10 p.m. Dec. 26 and tried to start his motorcycle. It wouldn’t start, so he locked up the motorcycle and got a ride home from a friend. When he returned at 3 p.m. the next day, the motorcycle was missing.
He told police the motorcycle is titled in his name only, there is no outstanding debt and he is in possession of the only known set of keys.
The value of the motorcycle is estimated at $5,000.
- If you have information about this or any other crime in Geneva, please contact the Geneva Police Department at 630-232-4736.
Want to Stay Up on Crime News in and Around Geneva?
- Bookmark Geneva.Patch.Com on your home computer or laptop.
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts .
Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.