The first of four forums on Geneva elementary-school boundary changes will take place Wednesday, Feb. 6, at one of the schools where students would move into.
The proposed boundary changes would move Area 8A in the attached map into the Fabyan Elementary footprint.
The Geneva District 304 Board of Education announced the forum schedule at its Jan. 28 meeting. Elementary school boundaries are being adjusted to better balance the enrollment numbers at four of the six Geneva grade schools.
The boundary changes were proposed by a task force comprised of Geneva School District 304 Superintendent Kent Mutchler and School Board members Matt Henry and Mary Stith.
One reason for the forums is to get parents' feedback. The boundaries could change after that feedback is considered.
The remaining three forums will be held at 7 p.m. on the following dates and at these locations:
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, at Western Avenue School
- Thursday, Feb. 14, at Mill Creek Elementary School
- Wednesday, Feb. 20, at Williamsburg Elementary School
Want to Stay Up on School Boundaries and Other Education News in Geneva?
- Bookmark Geneva.Patch.Com on your home computer or laptop.
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts .
Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.