School District 304 sent an e-blast Saturday saying school is still scheduled for Monday, in hopes of an 11th hour agreement.
The Geneva Education Association on Friday set a strike date for Monday, Nov. 12, but the Geneva Board of Education and the Geneva Education Association have a negotiation session on Sunday.
In the event of a strike, School District officials "will make every attempt to notify families by 5:30 a.m. on Monday using the district’s emergency notification system," the press release said.
Information will also continue to be posted on the Board’s negotiations update webpage, and distributed through 304Connects and the local media.
In the event of a strike on Monday:
- Regular classes and most extracurricular activities will be cancelled. Students will not be required or expected to attend.
- The school buildings will be kept open during the school day. School personnel will supervise age-appropriate activities in each of our elementary schools, one of our middle schools (Geneva Middle School South) for all middle school students, and our high school.
- Buses will follow a regular schedule each day of a strike.
- A limited school lunch menu will be offered for purchase.
- Specific entrances will be designated at each building for students to avoid picketing teachers.
- Mid-Valley Special Education classes will be held. The Geneva Park District preschool program (Friendship Station) will also continue to operate for all students. High school students who attend classes at the Fox Valley Career Center will be expected to attend their classes at the career center.
To help school officials with planning, please call (630)463-3088 if you intend to send your child(ren) to school during a teacher strike.
Want to stay up to date on the negotiations issue?
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.
- Schools Post Negotiations Webpage; FAQs Available on GEA, D304 Sites
- Geneva School Board, GEA Resume Talks Friday
- Reports: GEA Members Authorize Strike; Nov. 9 Earliest Possible Strike
- Geneva Teachers Express Frustration Over Stalled Negotiations
- Geneva Teachers Stage 'Walk In' at High School, Middle Schools
- UPDATE: Geneva School Board Calls Special Meeting to Discuss Teacher Negotiations
- Is a Teachers' Strike Possible in Geneva? Green Buttons Show Solidarity on First Day of School
- UPDATE: Teachers Come Out in Force, Wearing Green, to Seek 'Respect and Compensation We All Deserve'
- Geneva School Board Caught Between Budget Rock, Teachers Contract Hard Place
- Patch Poll: How Much of An Increase Should Geneva Teachers Get?
- Batavia Teachers Get Raises in New Two-Year Contract; Geneva Still Negotiating
- Where Do You Stand on the Geneva Teachers' Union Negotiations?
- Geneva Teachers Expected to Picket Before Tuesday School Board
- State Teachers Union Announces Geneva Talks at Impasse
- UPDATE: Geneva Teachers Union Posts Its 'Final Offer'
- District 304: GEA's 'Final Offer' Calls for 18% Salary Hike in Final 3 Years Before Retirement
- Teacher Talks Resume Friday; Here's the Timeline If an Agreement Isn't Reached
- Geneva School Board's 'Final Offer' Made Public
- Geneva Teachers Give Notice of Intent to Strike
- School Board: Union's 'Rigid Stance' Kept Parties Apart for Months; GEA Responds
- Patch Poll: Which Offer Is More Fair to Teachers and Taxpayers?
- UPDATE—Geneva School Board: GEA Filed Intent to Strike While Sitting at Negotiations Table
- Geneva School District Outlines Plans in Case of Teacher's Strike
- GEA Posts Open Letter to Geneva Citizens
- Geneva School Board Releases Its Most Recent Contract Offer; Special Meeting Monday
- 'Show Will Go On' for the GHS Fall Play—Even If There's a Teachers Strike
- Will You Keep Your Kids Home Or Send Them, If There's a Strike?
- VIDEO UPDATE: New Voices Speak, Picketing Rules Set at School District 304 Special Meeting
- Details, Procedures For Geneva Parents, Students in Case of a Teachers Strike
- Geneva School Board Posts Most Recent Offer to GEA