- Editor's note: The official, online voting for Dancing with the Geneva Stars begins the first week of January. Be sure to vote often, because your votes raise funds and help determine the winning dance team! In the meantime, you can get familiar with the couples by reading this series of profiles and warm up by voting in our unofficial Geneva Patch poll.
Justin and Katlyn Eggar are St. Charles residents who just moved here two years ago to be closer to family, especially their nephew. They met in North Carolina, where Justin was one of Katlyn’s customers at work, and they have been married for three years.
They are currently the agency owners of Eggar Allstate in Geneva. Their agency was voted “One of the Best Insurance Agencies” in Kane County by the Kane County Chronicle Reader’s Choice Awards. As small business owners, they are members of the Geneva Chamber of Commerce through which they help sponsor and volunteer for Swedish Days, Festival of the Vine, and the Christmas Walk.
This past summer, Justin made “Sexy Stuffed Mushrooms” for 60 Men Who Cook and their team raised money with “Good Hands Canvass” for the Illinois Food Bank. For relaxation, they enjoy running half-marathons, hiking, biking, reading and of course, learning to dance! The Eggars love Geneva, hanging out on 3rd Street, dining at local restaurants, and running by the river.
Justin and Katlyn enjoyed attending the Dancing with the Geneva Stars event last year to support Laura Rush and Derrick Swanson and were very impressed with the skill level of all the dancers. When asked to participate this year they were very surprised and felt as though it was “the closest to the Olympics they were ever going to get!”
Their past dance experience includes Justin’s swing dancing background and Katlyn’s dance lessons prior to their wedding. They love to dance and are looking forward to learning some new dance moves and mastering difficult footwork together.
- This profile is courtesy of the Dancing With the Geneva Stars committee. The benefit helps the Geneva Cultural Arts Commission and the Geneva Academic Foundation. The 2013 competition will be held Feb. 9 at Eagle Brook Country Club.
- Here's the Lineup for Dancing With the Geneva Stars 2013!
- PATCH POLL: Who Will Win the 2013 Dancing With the Geneva Stars?
- Dances Picked for 2013 Dancing With the Geneva Stars
Want to Follow Dancing With Geneva Stars 2013?
- Bookmark Geneva.Patch.Com on your home computer or laptop.
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts .
Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.